Race for Riley is on…This Saturday, May 2nd. It will be held at Heritage Christian Church 2130 Redwine Rd Fayetteville 30215. Your race number will transfer and you can ask others to still participate and register through active.com until Friday at 9:00 PM. You can also drop off registrations at The Joseph Sams School. The path is beautifully laid out and jogging strollers and dogs are welcomed. Attached is a course map.
5:00 PM – 5K
5:45 PM – 1 mile fun run
6:15 PM – tot trot
Details of course -
Location: Heritage Christian Church, 2130 Redwine Road, Fayetteville, GA 30215)
XC Course Highlights (map on the next page):
• The cross country running course was custom built on 77 acres at Heritage Christian Church located on the boarder of Peachtree City and Fayetteville.
• The course is mostly flat with a few rolling hills. It encircles the beautiful lake.
• It is spectator friendly course with the course making 2 ½ loops and plenty of vantage points for viewing,
• The surface is grass, dirt, and bark; Trees line both side of the start thru 400m, with shade most of the way
• The footing is excellent;
• The course is wide and can accommodate hundreds of runners in a race;
• Here is quick overview of the 5K course: (see the course map on the next page)
• Starting line is all grass that is 170 ft wide that narrows to 70 ft at 200m and then to 30 ft at 400m,
• Course continues that same width thru 800m and on around the dirt/ bark line road around the scenic lake and across the bridge.
• Then the course turns back to grass surface and parallel to the lake
• The course then cross the road and works its way back to parallel to the start line.
• To complete 5K, the runners would do 1 full loop, a shorter loop around the lake, then 1 more full loop.
• Over 900 paved parking spots
• Portable restrooms provided
Link to course map: http://goo.gl/VXV77y
Please email me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information below this line pertains the original race schedule. Please see above for updated info.
11th ANNUAL RACE FOR RILEY – April 25, 2015
Come early for the run. Stay for the fun!
Would you like to support the Race for Riley but can’t join us on race day? You or your business can donate to the Race for Riley. We need your help!
The fun includes:
- Rolling course through scenic south Fulton County
- Bike ride through Chattahoochee Hills
- Awards in the 5K run to overall male & female, overall male & female master, and top 3 in 14 age groups (male & female) – 10 & under to 70 & over in 5-year increments.
- Ribbons to all finishers in the 1 Mile & Tot Trot
- Meet DJ Michael Stuart!
- Original short-sleeved Race for Riley race shirt guaranteed to all pre-registered entrants.
Serenbe Community -
Hutcheson Ferry Road, Chattahoochee Hills, GA 30268
April 25, 2015 (rain or shine)
5K Run/Walk – 8:30 a.m.
1 Mile Run – 9:15 a.m.
Tot Trot – 9:30 a.m. Entry Fees (made payable to The Joseph Sams School)
Bike Ride - 10am and begins at 10685 Hutcheson Ferry Rd. (across the street from the parking area of the race)
Pre-registration (strongly encouraged):
To pre-register, please mail your registration form and check no later than April 15th. Or register online at Active.com. This will open a new window but our site will remain in the background when you are ready to come back.
Mail completed entry form (with check or money order payable to):
The Joseph Sams School
c/o Race For Riley
280 Brandywine Blvd.
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Donate Online Now!
SAFE AND SECURE WITH PAYPAL